Tuesday, June 17

So Swirly

This card was made for a special friend, for her birthday. We had a great time at her party with lots of laughs. And it was really good to catch up with friends I hadn't seen for a while. For her card I used Kraft card stock. I love the natural colour and it combines well with almost any other colour. I've combined it here with Blush Blossom. I always use the wheel guide when I use a wheel, so I can get a straight line. The So Swirly wheel has some dots in the pattern, so on this card I punched them out with the 1/4" circle handheld punch for a lacy look. I used the corner rounder punch to make the scallop edge. The lovely bird is from the Spring Solitude stamp set and the words from the Happy Everything set.




Recipe
Stamp Sets : Spring Solitude (level 2 hostess set), Happy Everything, So Swirly wheel
Ink : Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel
Card : Kraft, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Punches : handheld 1/4" circle, 1" & 1 1/4" circle, scallop circle, corner rounder
Accessories : cutter kit, grosgrain ribbon white, wheel guide, stamp a ma jig, dimensionals, snail

If your celebrating a birthday this month, Happy Birthday to you.

3 comments:

david santos said...

Really beautiful!
Happy day

Anonymous said...

Leah, this is gorgeous! I love how you incorporated the piercing! Very effective.

Sam Coppack said...

Gorgeous! Kraft cardstock is really growing on me! I love the piercing too, so pretty!