Tuesday, October 6

Sweet 16.

I made this card for a very special friend turning 16 this week. (No peeking Nadia) I used Makeesha's Inspiration Challenge #13, I picked out Whisper White from the plates, Riding Hood Red from the pattern, Choc Chip from the coffee beans and Kraft from the cinnamon. I love this colour combination.

And I used the Mojo Monday 107 sketch. The cupcake is from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set with DSP Ski Slop (Spring Mini).





Recipe
Stamp Set: Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink: Choc Chip
Markers: Creamy Caramel, close to Cocoa, Choc Chip
Card: Kraft, Choc Chip, Whisper White
DSP: Ski Slope
Punches: scallop edge, 3/4" circle
Accessories: Riding Hood Red ribbon, chipboard-On Board lots of Letters, dazzling diamonds, silver brads, clear rhinestone brads.

Wouldn't it be great to be 16 again....

Sharing my Passion
Leah

6 comments:

Jo said...

this really is a sweet 16 card - it's gorgeous. I love the brads and the glitter, and how you have run the ribbon under the cake. You have combined the two challenges brilliantly, I'm sure this card will be a great hit, Jo

sally little said...

What a lucky young lady is 'miss sweet 16' receiving this gorgeous card, I think it is awesome, beautiful job with the 2 challenges. Sally :)

Carole'Anne AKA StampinStressaway said...

this is a wonderful combination!
You did so well with the two!
love it!

Genelle Little said...

Gorgeous, Leah - love how you've used the sketch and colours together, and the 'sweet' tab is so cute!

Lynda said...

Brilliant card Leah...I esp like the brads. She can have her cake and eat it too!!! The colours are warm and gooey...just like the cake wld be I'm sure....:)

Byl Family... said...

Gorgeous Leah! I made a sweet sixteen birthday card this week too, and used that same stamp set! LOL! Thanks so much for playing. Love keesh x