Tuesday, October 6

Sweet 16.

I made this card for a very special friend turning 16 this week. (No peeking Nadia) I used Makeesha's Inspiration Challenge #13, I picked out Whisper White from the plates, Riding Hood Red from the pattern, Choc Chip from the coffee beans and Kraft from the cinnamon. I love this colour combination.

And I used the Mojo Monday 107 sketch. The cupcake is from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set with DSP Ski Slop (Spring Mini).





Recipe
Stamp Set: Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink: Choc Chip
Markers: Creamy Caramel, close to Cocoa, Choc Chip
Card: Kraft, Choc Chip, Whisper White
DSP: Ski Slope
Punches: scallop edge, 3/4" circle
Accessories: Riding Hood Red ribbon, chipboard-On Board lots of Letters, dazzling diamonds, silver brads, clear rhinestone brads.

Wouldn't it be great to be 16 again....

Sharing my Passion
Leah

6 comments:

Jo said...

this really is a sweet 16 card - it's gorgeous. I love the brads and the glitter, and how you have run the ribbon under the cake. You have combined the two challenges brilliantly, I'm sure this card will be a great hit, Jo

sally little said...

What a lucky young lady is 'miss sweet 16' receiving this gorgeous card, I think it is awesome, beautiful job with the 2 challenges. Sally :)

Carole'Anne AKA StampinStressaway said...

this is a wonderful combination!
You did so well with the two!
love it!

Genelle Little said...

Gorgeous, Leah - love how you've used the sketch and colours together, and the 'sweet' tab is so cute!

Lynda S said...

Brilliant card Leah...I esp like the brads. She can have her cake and eat it too!!! The colours are warm and gooey...just like the cake wld be I'm sure....:)

Keesh said...

Gorgeous Leah! I made a sweet sixteen birthday card this week too, and used that same stamp set! LOL! Thanks so much for playing. Love keesh x