Friday, February 26

Just Add Ink #6

I've been playing with my Stampin' Pastels today, I had forgotten how much fun they are to use. I must use them more often. I've used the sketch from Just Add Ink #6 for this card. Make sure you go and check out what the design team came up with, Wow just gorgeous projects. I am now inspired to use this sketch as a scrap page as well. Mmmm.... maybe tomorrow.
Anyway for this card I've used the chalkboard technique/black magic with the Baroque Motifs stamp set adding the colour from my Stampin' Pastels with a dauber.

Recipe
Stamp Set: Baroque Motifs
Ink: Craft White
Stampin' Pastels: Perfect Plum, Summer Sun
Card: Basic Black, Sahara Sand
Punches: 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle
Accessories: daubers, 5/16" jumbo brads-vanilla, So Saffron ribbon

Sharing my Passion
Leah

13 comments:

Sarah Klass said...

What an awesome interpretation of the sketch - LOVE it!

S x

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This card is pretty stunning. You have done a fantastic job with a technique I haven't tried yet. You've inspired me to give it a go!

Christine Blain said...

Really pretty, Leah! I'm challenging myself to use more yellow in my cards, and this looks lovely ... must give my pastels a bit more love, too. Nice take on the challenge :)

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, what a great effect

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the sketch. Your card looks very elegant and the So Saffron ribbon makes the motifs pop out.

Richelle said...

Great card! WIll have to look into the black magic as its really effective and I've a big stash of dark coloured card lol :)

Tui Nathan said...

Very nice card Leah, I love the pastels look on white ink on black. Very effective ... you ave put this together really lovely, I like it alot.Thank you for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and is so effective with the Stampin Pastels on black card! Great job!
Michelle

Krista said...

great card !!

AJ said...

Bronwyn summed up what I would say - beautiful card, wonderful technique. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Anonymous said...

Love your black magic card Leah!

Danielle Daws said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! Great technique to use for this challenge! Thanks for playing!

Robyn said...

Congratulations Leah on a top 5!!
Fab card!