Saturday, March 27

Inkspiration Sketch Challenge #20.

Makeesha has a sketch challenge this week and I had been wanting to try a new technique, well new to me anyway, called Wet Watercolour Crayons. It's not really the Easter theme Makeesha asked for so I hope she won't mind, it did work really well with her sketch.
Wet Watercolouring is colouring straight onto the rubber stamp with watercolour crayons then spritz with water and then stamp onto watercolour paper. It works best with bold images like the Inspired by Nature set that I used but you can see it also works well with fine images like the dragonfly from Nature's Nest (Summer Mini) and the greeting from Whimsical Words ( SAB).

I added Chrystal Effects to the dragon fly and a few blobs to the leaves and grass to give the impression of drew drops. I've also crimmed the bottom panel and coloured in the dragon fly with an aqua painter.

Recipe

Stamps Sets: Inspired by Nature, Nature's Nest, Whimsical Words

Watercolour Wonder Crayons: So Saffron, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Going Grey, Basic Black

Ink: VersaMark

Card: Watercolour Paper,Rose Red, So Saffron, Going Grey

Tools: Crimmper

Punch: Designer Label

Accessories: Crystal Effects, So Saffron ribbon, black brads, Aqua Painter

Have a great weekend.

Sharing my Passion

Leah

4 comments:

Vicki's Blog said...

Great card Leah..
Good luck with the challenge..
Vicki

Chantelle said...

Wow, what an amazing card - I LOVE this technique you've used - never tried it but I think I should - I love the soft watercolour effect. So many great things you can do with all the SU product. Great job with the sketch too. Thanks for playing along with INKSPIRATIONS.

Liam said...

This is just simply gorgeous. Love it.

Liam

Kristy Geddes said...

Beautiful card Leah. Love it!