Tuesday, December 21

Playing with lace.

I have two cards to show you today, both Christmas cards of course.
 When I saw the beautiful Crochet Trim in the Summer Mini Catalogue I remembered that I have a whole box of lace just sitting in the cupboard that my Mum gave me a long time ago. So why not use it.

 The first card I hand stitched the lace to form a flower, finished it of with a button and some ribbon.. The stamp set is Season of Joy, the embossing folder is Vintage Wallpaper. A bit of sponging and spritzing with the new Smooch Spritz and added a few pearls. Colours are Garden Green, Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla.

The next card I used the lace as a decorative strip across the bottom of the card. This lace looks so old that it may have been my Grandmothers. Stamp set used is Dasher, the embossing folder is Vintage Wallpaper again. With more sponging and spritzing. Added pearls and ribbon. The colours are Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.
I think this is about as close as I can get to vintage. :)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Sharing My Passion
Leah


4 comments:

Debbie M said...

And they are both so beautiful Leah!! I love that little reindeer... he is so elegant isn't he?

Debbie M

Tracey said...

I really love lace on cards. Both your cards are just beautiful......very elegant!

Natasha said...

You have done so well with these - remember everybody's 'vintage' is different, and as long as you like your vintage, that's all that matters (but I do think your vintage is awesome!!)

Lynda said...

Hi Leah, long time no comment (sorry)!! I love the way you have uesd lace in both these projects. You have just reminded me I have some in my ribbon box too....must try and have a play!! LURVE the Dasher card and the colour combo IS vintage. I have just started playing with vintage...and it is v v tricky...more of an excuse to play!! Brilliant cards.